- Binance’s BNB Chain, one of the world’s leading smart-contract blockchain networks, has kickstarted its football campaign ahead of the Football World Cup in Qatar.
- The campaign is an ecosystem-wide initiative supposedly drawing in over $600,000 in prizes to celebrate soccer’s most prestigious event.
- Numerous activities will go live throughout the duration of the tournament. They include new games, challenges, quizzes, and more.
BNB Chain recently gained the title of the world’s largest smart-contract blockchain in terms of transaction volume and daily active users. It processes over three billion transactions, 163 million unique addresses, and hosting more than 1300 active DApps. BNB Chain is now looking to take it a step further by celebrating the most played sport in the world.
BNB Chain is determined to introduce Web 3.0 and the metaverse to newer users through fun-to-play challenges and games centered around football.
Celebrating the Football Season in Web 3.0
Football Fiesta is undoubtedly one of the most prolific and lively Web 3.0 football events yet. Over 60 activities for the football season will be hosted. It also has over $600,000 in prizes from partner projects.
BNB Chain recently launched the Glory Pass, an NFT specially designed for the Football Fiesta Campaign. Holders will gain access to exclusive events, challenges, and perks. In light of the upcoming tournament, Glory Pass NFTs were quick to sell out. However, BNB Chain later launched an extra 5,000 passes for players to grab.
The football carnival will host events both for Glory Pass holders and new players. This will encourage all sorts of users to join the metaverse and enjoy the football festivities.
Here are some details about what the football carnival event will host:
- Match Prediction Challenges: Glory Pass holders can cheer on their favorite teams by predicting matches. Fans can even gain a chance to win a Mystery Box worth $600,000 if they guess correctly. Currently, players can only predict the semi-finals, finals, and third place matches.
- Glory Pass Challenges: Glory Pass holders are entitled to a list of exclusive challenges and events from partners. They include RACA’s racing game, Thetan Arena, TopGoal, Monsterra, and more. Visit the official Football Fiesta page for the complete list of partners participating.
- Must-play Games: Players that don’t have the Glory Pass can still participate in the Football Fiesta by enjoying soccer events and prizes hosted by games including MetaStrike, Fight of Ages, Tiny World, and Moblox for the duration of the event.
- New User Welcome Zone: BNB Chain is eager to welcome new users to Web 3.0 and the metaverse with interesting games catered by Math Wallet, TopGoal, Summoner’s Arena, WAM, Quest3, and Neo Fantasy.
- Football Fiesta Party in collaboration with RACA: BNB Chain is hosting a party with RACA in San Francisco on November 21st. Glory Pass holders can join the party, network with other holders, and get in the carnival spirit by watching football games.
- Championship Hackathon: BNB Chain and LiveArt have announced they are holding an art hackathon to celebrate the World Cup. As part of the campaign, LiveArt will donate royalty income from the hackathon to InvestinWomen’s NFT project, which will help women worldwide.
The Football Fiesta is a one-of-its-kind event, celebrating the most played and watched sport in the world, in Web 3.0 fashion.
Football has over 3.5 billion fans around the world. With days left until the Qatar World Cup, billions of fans are eagerly waiting for the games to start. BNB Chain’s initiative could help introduce Web 3.0 to newer users, potentially welcoming billions of new users to the space.